Hill Station

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My nerves are tight

I'm frustrated because I feel like my job is not good for my health. (Then again, sometimes I just think that I'm not good for my health :).) But in all seriousness, my job stresses me out--big time. The pace is so fast and the setting so sterile and the pressure so high and my tasks so random and varied and often vague or confusing.

Don't get me wrong--I l-o-v-e my job. Honestly, I do. Often I can hardly believe how perfectly God provided this for me, at just the right time, fitting so many of my gifts and the company's needs. I adore my co-workers and I enjoy my industry, and I see a possible future for myself in it.

But what would I pay to have a desk by a window--a window I could look out and see the sky and the earth and trees, animals, and the weather! I would open it and breathe real air and get real Vitamin D during the day. I think this would be a vast improvement over my current situation, which is comprised of drywall, flourescent lighting, and oppressively cold AC.

2 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Uhmanduh said...

What can I say girl, I feel your pain. I've been hoping for the same for 2 years! Maybe we should rise up and demand openable (is that a word?) windows and take sledgehammers to all the cubicle walls. I hate feeling like I'm in a 6 x 6 cell. :( Sometimes at work I think "Somewhere in the world right now... children are running on a green hill... with tulips and stuff. And the sun is shining!"

Here's hoping ;)

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a chair by the window. Y'all feel free to come and use it to de-stress anytime. :) Angela, you wear your stress well. :)

From You-know-who

 

Post a Comment

<< Home